Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tate Farm

I know most people have pumpkin patches that open this time of year to the public. I have been to a few of them, but when we moved here in 2003 this one was different. It is a family fun farm, like most, but I truly believe it's the best I've seen. I was a nanny for a family and went with them to take pictures. Back in 2003 three. We got the pumpkins for Lacy's wedding there for FREE. They are just a smart kind family. They have a hay maze, petting zoo area(clean!), and so much stuff for the family to enjoy and that includes the hay ride to the pumpkin patch to pick your pumpkin, all for $7 a person. Little ones (babies) are free. There is so much to do there it's crazy. So what's the point of this blog? Isaak's class went there on a field trip yesterday and I have the pictures from it. Family was allowed to accompany so Danny took Isaak and Brett! Jack and I hit the laundry and store hard core! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pix!

Isaak on the hay ride out to the patch!

Brett on the hay rid...I'm guessing that is hay he's eating!

Isaak standing next to his pumpkin. The rule is you have to be able to carry your pumpkin!

Brett next to his pumpkin
The pumpkins were put in bags so you could carry them and leave them with the pumpkin sitter until you are done playing!

His class in the corn crib, it's like the balls at McDonald's but just full of corn.

We found corn everywhere on them...behind their ears,between their toes, and in their pants.

The big trike!

They are too cute!

There are so many more pix, but I can't put them all up now! Love to all!

3 comments:

tracyp said...

The pics are very cute Emily. My appt are so my OB can figure out why I can't seem to get to my 7th month of pregnancy.. I keep delivering early so we're going to try and brainstorm ways to keep it from happening again.

Rachael M. said...

HA! Corn behind his ears!

Too cute.

Q Crew said...

So fun! We took Andrew last year with the playgroup on the Arsenal. He had so much fun playing, petting the animals, picking a pumpkin and cotton, etc! That really is a fun pumpkin farm for kids!