Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Purple Bumbo!

OK, this goes out to all those people who are bargain shoppers and get all those GREAT deals. And wonder...why doesn't Emily do that more often. After today I can't stay silent anymore. So I have been on a hunt for a bumbo seat for Jack. All that boy wants to do all day is sit up and this chair would allow him to do that. The thing is that there are only a few months he needs a chair like this cause by 6mos he should be doing well on his own. He is 4mos now! So I got a free pass to a consignment sale here in town and got to go a day early to the sale. Before the public was allowed in. I got there on time and went directly to the baby seats and stuff. There were no seats. I did not give up. I looked all over the place just in case some one sat one down deciding they didn't want it anymore. No, luck...so I asked a worker there. She said there should be three over here. I said no, I looked there . We walk over there and she says..." They were just there." So I leave thinking, well there is a consignment store near my house I'll call them. So I do and they say, "OH, we just had some and they sold." Then I think surely I can find one on craigs list or the paper. I find one and call about it. Guess what they said..."We just sold it." So I gave in and bought one at the store. I spent $30 more than I wanted to but if I keep waiting and trying to find one Jack won't need it anymore.

Well, what does that have to do with my bargain shopping...well, that is how it always happens for me. There must be something about me that someone somewhere thinks its fun to mess with me. I have sisters and a multiple best friends who always manage to find those great deals. I just get knocked down and out. So I think I officially give up. By the time I would get what I needed I wouldn't need it anymore. So I'm just going to sell my over priced stuff and hope to make up for the extra money spent.

I know you are asking yourself what does this all have to do with a PURPLE bumbo. Well, after a week or so of hunting down this chair I break down and go to the Wal-Mart I hate here in town. I think...I only need one thing and I can run in get it and get out. Granted I have to take all three kids but I thought I would put Jack in the cart. OH, no! They wouldn't help me get a cart with a baby carrier on it so I have to carry Jack to the back of the store to get the chair. I finally find the chair...in the color I want and go to check out. While the older boys are pushing all kinds of buttons on the self check out illes that aren't being used I manage to get them all up there and check out with barely one hand(holding Jack still) and head out of the store. Well I have no cart so I'm carrying the seat and Jack and trying to keep the boys near me. I drop the box with the chair and discover (litterally just after I pay for it) that it's PURPLE. So I go to a casheir and say...I just bought this can I go get the right one. She says NO and that I have to go to customer service. I said "Are you serious"? She says Yes and I told her forget it we'll live with the purple one. And I walked off. These are the days of my life. Whenever I try thrift and stuff this is what I get. So now Jack and Danny will just have to learn to live with a purple bumbo seat for a couple of months. I'm through!

3 comments:

Are You Being Messerved said...

Okay, so you have more patience, or stuberness, than I do. I would just say too bad kid, I'll prop you up with some pillows. But I'm glad you found your chair. I'll tell you what, if you keep it I'll buy it from you when I have a kid. They look cool and I saw a show with a lady who had those for her little babies. They look cool, so is that a deal?? It won't be anytime soon, but I figured you could hold on to it for a couple years!! Love you!

Emily said...

yeah, that's a deal! I don't mind, especially if it keeps someone from having to go through all that crap for a seat. Thanks for the vote of confidence...yesterday was a rough day. Love you girl!

Alicia said...

i so love the purple!! you are putting your girl side to all those man boys you live with!! come on back out and we will get you more good deals.