Of course, warm winter or not, we all catch the crud! We have honestly been lucky enough to hold it off this long. I have had it for over two weeks now and today feel like I might actually get over it!! Yay! Isaak and Brett are just now beginning to get it and I think Danny is closely following. So, boo, on that, but I'm glad I'm getting better!
As most of you know we will be moving back down south this summer. Danny's job allows him to transfer, so we are taking the opportunity to live near family! The ball has just started rolling on the whole process, but it's going well as of yet. I'm also excited that this is going to be where we will settle down. The kids and I have struggled with all the moving and school changes and are looking forward to some stability in those areas of life! But, the point of that info is to tell you what we want to do before we leave here. We live in the DC area and other than the price tag this place is really great! All the things to see are free and that is so awesome when you have three kids that love new things(gotta change things up a lot). Since, we have done the downtown area we want to branch out and see other historical cities. We are headed to Colonial Williamsburg for Spring Break! I'm so excited. I adore American history and can't soak up enough. Jamestown is only a few minutes away so we are visiting there as well.
The one place I may not make it to see is Mt. Vernon. :( I have wanted to see that house since I read 1776. The book was great and in it, it tells of the effort George Washington put into every detail of his home. When he wasn't winning wars and such he was completely dedicated to that house! I hope something changes and I can go see it before June. If not it will still be on my bucket list.
Mt. Vernon...then.....
and now!



3 comments:
I did not know you were moving down South. Are you guys moving to Alabama? So jealous! I look forward to the day I can be close to family again.
Melissa, we are moving just north of Atlanta to Alpharetta. We and excited! Moving is always a bit stressful, but we'll do fine. I know you guys will be able to do it someday. Hope you are well!
Now I'm double jealous! Kevin & I have wanted to live in the Atlanta area for quite some time now. If your husband's company has any finance jobs let me know! :) Oh and thanks for the comment on my blog. It's always nice to know I have some readers!
Post a Comment